Funeral Sermons and Ceremonies

At the Universal Life Church, we have many funeral ceremonies and sermons for your use. We also have a wide selection through the ULC Church store.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Pagan Online Sermons

By Rev. Dragonbear
Walking a Pagan Path in a Christian World


As I walk through the world and look around I often ponder to myself what does it mean to be a Pagan Minister walking in a Christian World. To me there is really no difference. I believe in a one that made all of the Universe. I just chose to hear the wisdom of that one not Through Jesus but, through a Lord and a Lady.

So why is it that there is so much hate on both sides of the fence? When there should not be any? I believe that we as people spend so much time trying to persuade others that there way to the divine is the only way that I believe that we forget that the focus is suppose to be on the divine. We are all spiritual people and as long as we are doing harm to none we should be open and accepting of all religions.

Like many Christian Ministers my duties are the same. I perform the rites of marriage, of birth, of death, and even perform sermons (rituals in paganism) for the holy days. So besides the words and the gestures what is different between my faith and another's? Nothing! Absolutely nothing! And I try everyday to remember this fact when my religious choices are being challenged and even insulted and I pray often to my Lord and Lady that I can find the strength to stand before the wash of hate of those who do not understand.

Most of all at the end of the night as I stand within my circle and send forth my prayers I ask for one thing. A peace between all worlds religions and an understanding that the Divine is far more infinite then we as humans can ever hope to understand.

*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have many classes in Christianity, one about Wicca, several forms of Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more.

You can  become an ordained minister, for free,  and for life, so use this Free Online Ordination, link.

This  online seminary, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of minister supplies


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment